Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Comforter

A Comforter- 

     Many times as i take a step back to look at my life, i notice the quiet influence that the Spirit has had on me of comfort. I have felt the Spirit buoy me up many times, and fill me with hope and peace, the kind of peace that Earth craves and only Heaven offers, that is one of the many roles of the Spirit.

    John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

     As i feel the Spirits comfort, i know that the Lord is watching over me. It provides me with a sense of belonging, a true sense of my identity as a Son of God. That God is truly my Father in Heaven and that He really loves me and cares for me. I am so grateful for his guiding influence in my life. As i have experienced the many sorrows and adversities that go along with missionary work i have often felt the Spirits influence wash over me, a quiet feeling or sense of hope. I know that this Spirit is given from God to me, to remind me that He cares. Its a big world out there and many of the things a missionary does are challenging, but nothing is impossible with God at my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment