Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Witness


A Witness

     As a missionary i have learned a lot of things about the 'witness' of the Spirit. It teaching me truth as i read and pray, learning the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the testifying power of the Spirit, that it lifts me and helps me to know of a surety that the things i am teaching are true.

     The Book of Mormon has been a key principle in my understanding of the witness of the Spirit. As i have read and pondered over it, i have learned to recognize the still small voice much easier. The Book of Mormon is where the foundations of my testimony are rooted. As i finished reading the Book of Mormon for the first time as a full-time missionary, i felt something different from the times i had read it before. It just seemed so REAL and applicable, there was a special spirit in the apartment as i knelt and asked Heavenly Father to re-confirm my testimony of it. And now every time i read it i feel that same sweet Spirit, teaching me the truth of the words written.
     My testimony of the Book of the Restoration has been a key point in learning the 'witness' of the Spirit, and knowing that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. It has help me come to know Him on a personal level, and given me an understanding that He is real, that He lives, and He loves us. That through Him my mistakes can be taken away. I have a strong testimony that if you want to know truth, to listen for the Spirit as you ask.
     Moroni 10:And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would aask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not btrue; and if ye shall ask with a csincere heart, with dreal intent, having efaith in Christ, he will fmanifest the gtruth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may aknow the btruth of all things.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment