Friday, January 10, 2014

Thoughts on my mission


     THE OREGON EUGENE MISSION- What a blessing for my life
     - January 10th, 2014
          Today has been a really awesome day, i have been traveling with the Mission President today. Been in Southern Oregon, i really have a love for it here. Beautiful mountains, covered in pines, dogwoods, oak, and all sorts of vegetation surround the quiet communities, shrouded in fog. All of Oregon is great but the southern part has been special to me, it's where some of my favorite experiences as a missionary have taken place. As we drove through Grants Pass yesterday, i took a deep breath and just let the memories really take hold of me while we drove up 7th street. What a blessing it was to serve in this quiet little town for 6 whole months, where i really learned to trust the Lord. I will always come back and drive these streets with a special reverence for the changes that it brought to my life, changes that will leave their mark on me forever.
         This morning I couldn't sleep anymore about 5:45, seems to be how must mornings go nowadays. I love to get up early, I feel like I'm wasting time if I sleep in to 6:30 like most missionaries. So I got up, went out in the living room and took a few minutes to kneel and pray. Such a sweet Spirit came over me as I thanked the Lord for the mission He has given me, it has been such a blessing in my life. I am so glad that i came out and decided to do my duty and serve. As i thought about the many wonderful people that i have been blessed to find and meet, my testimony of my mission grew a lot. I know that i have been doing my best, it is a great feeling. It feels so accomplishing to know that you are just trying your best, and then later on down the road, you see that you made an impact that really lasted on someone or something. I hope that's what my service here in the great OEM does, that it will leave lasting impressions on people. I hope i bless the people as much as they have blessed me!
         
       
       

No comments:

Post a Comment